Becoming a Teaching Assistant is the perfect start to a career in the education sector. You will build knowledge and experience in a classroom environment which provide an invaluable platform as you embark on your quest to be the difference in children’s lives in a career that rewards fervency.
The Teaching Assistant Level 2 & 3 Package is the gateway to a career as a Teacher, and a valid way into the industry as you build the knowledge, skillset and confidence for the classroom. The Level 2 Teaching Assistant course is CPD certified and will give you the foundations you need, then once you are into a placement or building your experience in a practical environment, the Level 3 Teaching Assistant course will supplement your employment time, supporting your progress.
Is the Teaching Assistant Level 2 & 3 Package right for me?
If you’re looking to start building your career as a Teaching Assistant, this package is an excellent solution to build knowledge and confidence as you begin to understand the requirements of what it takes to work in a demanding, but rewarding, industry. The Level 3 course within this package will then supplement any placement or work experience you undertake, providing a complete programme to start building your career.
What job could I get with the Teaching Assistant Level 2 & 3 Package?
The Teaching Assistant Level 2 & 3 Package will give you the prowess to function in multiple roles as a Teaching Assistant, or sub roles. The Teaching Assistant Level 3 course supplements any role that you have to help build your talents. You will be able to work in a plethora of roles including Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant, Special Needs Assistant, Learning Supervisor and Teaching Supervisor. This will lead to you build experience of a classroom environment, setting the basis for a venture into teaching, should you want to take it that far.
Why study the Teaching Assistant Level 2 & 3 course with e-Careers?
- Learn how to assist children in their learning and development, from the age of five up to school leaver.
- The perfect course to accompany a work placement or full-time qualification and build your knowledge.
- Course maps to the Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- 24-hour technical support available with your course should you encounter any issues
- Suitable for professionals who offer specialist support for pupils’ learning in primary, secondary, or specialist establishments and colleges.
- Become a huge advantage to any school you work in
- Know that you are making a difference to children’s lives
- Building your platform in teaching from the very beginning
Note: Learners must be at least 16 years old and working, volunteering or on a practical placement in a learning environment.
What are the Teaching Assistant Level 2 & 3 online course modules?
- Supporting the Teacher
- Supporting the Pupil
- Supporting the Curriculum
- Supporting the School
- Supporting ICT in the Classroom
- Supporting Pupils with Special Education Needs
- Supporting Literacy Development
- Supporting Numeracy Development
- Working with Others
- Schools and colleges as organisations
- Health and safety in a learning environment
- How to safeguard children and young people
- Professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- How children and young people develop
- Supporting positive behaviour in children and young people
- Supporting children and young people during learning activities
- Supporting English and Maths skills
- Supporting the use of ICT in the learning environment
- Supporting assessment for learning
- Engaging in personal and professional development
- Supporting children and young people’s speech, language and communication
- Understanding how to support bilingual learners
- Understanding how to support learning of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Supporting children and young people during transitions
- Supporting the role of play, leisure and extra-curricular activities for children and young people
What does the Teaching Assistant Level 2 & 3 Package cover?
- Passing exams is just one part of school life. This course will teach you how best to support pupils’ socially and emotionally, along with other care and support needs.
- We’ve all been to school, but it may have changed a lot since your day! Get up to speed with the latest National Curriculum and how learning activities are planned and delivered.
- Dot the i’s and cross the t’s by learning exactly what’s expected of you in your role and the legal responsibilities and policies of schools and their staff.
- Keep up to speed with the kids by learning all the latest developments in ICT in the classroom.
- Explore effective methods of supporting literacy development, including reading, writing and speaking and listening skills.
- Explore effective methods of supporting development of numeracy skills in the classroom, including number skills and problem solving and data handling, as well as supporting the understanding of measures, shape and space.
- Learn about best practice for supporting children with special educational needs.
- You’re already a team player; learn how to transfer these skills into a school community with guidance on working in teams, with colleagues and with other professionals and parents.
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Planning and preparing for learning activities
- Using assessment strategies to promote learning
- Creating a positive environment to support speech, language and communication development of children and young people
- Responding to challenging behaviour
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.