Anyone who has suffered from tense muscles and pain rooted deeply within their soft tissue will agree that, sometimes, only a massage will do. The techniques learned by massage therapists all over the world help to relieve this pain and with courses including this one, you can take the necessary steps towards becoming a qualified massage therapist yourself.
Explore Specialist Massage Techniques
With the help of our online course, you will be able to learn more about the various massage techniques available and how to apply them to clients effectively. Learn about a diverse range of specialist massages and possible issues to be aware of and take your time working through the nine different modules which make up this comprehensive course. After approximately six hours of study, any prospective massage therapist will be able to perform specialist massages, ranging from sports massages which can help with various injuries, to pregnancy massage that can be a lifesaver for expectant mums.
Massage Your Way to a Rewarding New Career
Perfect for anyone wishing to further their massage expertise, or as part of a career change, our diploma course in Specialist Massage will help you on your way to expert level. If you have the drive to work hard and have an empathetic ear and good people skills, you have the key features needed to flourish within the massage industry.
Key Learning Points
This nine module course is designed to suit anyone with a passion for massage therapy – from complete beginners wishing to learn specialist techniques as well as the basics, to those who have already completed our other modules encompassing full and upper body massage. Modules include Introduction, The Anatomy, Equipment, Techniques, Sports Massage, Anti-Cellulite Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Medical Massage and Baby Massage.
- Touch on the basics behind massage therapy, including the associated traditions, some techniques that can be used and the physiological and psychological effects of massage therapy.
- Get to grips with human anatomy and its many aspects, including the role of the central nervous system, skeletal structure and outlining specific areas of the body.
- Learn more about the equipment that massage therapists use on a daily basis, including the massage table and the myriad oils that are available and their uses.
- Understand some of the massage strokes you will be using with confidence and how massage can be used alongside other holistic and more orthodox therapies.
- Understand the meaning of sports massage, why people require sports massage therapy and how to give an effective sports massage. Identify some of the common anatomical problems that can be relieved with sports massage therapy.
- Learn about how anti-cellulite massage therapy works and how to give a good anti-cellulite massage.
- Learn more about the advantages that a massage can have when a woman is pregnant and how to perform one effectively. Understand the risks that are present and who should avoid them.
- Understand how important it is to cater for specific groups of people, including those suffering from various illnesses. Learn more about how massage therapy can benefit these groups and what precautions, if any, need to be taken.
- Touch on the topic of baby massage – how it can be beneficial to both baby and mum, what techniques can be used and when baby massage should be avoided.
Advantages of this course
- Online study ensures complete control over when you wish to pick up and work through, the course material.
- Courseware is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – you can study whenever and wherever you like, at the click of a button.
- Build your confidence, as well as your skill set, with various specialist techniques, so you can offer your client a broader range of therapies.
- In-depth video tutorials ensure each technique is delivered with complete clarity. Visualize the massage technique so that you can perform it correctly, every time.
- Technical support available if and when, you need help with the courseware.
Take the next step in your journey towards becoming a fully qualified massage therapist and sign up for some specialist massage knowledge, today!
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|Introduction to Massage Therapy|
|Medical Massage / Massage for Special Groups of People|