Skills in the workplace are often referred to differently as a collective depending on where you go. In the bigger picture, it doesn’t matter what you call them because they are still universally recognized as individual skillsets.
Seven of the most common skills are: being a productive team member, flexibility, problem solving, resourcefulness, giving and receiving feedback, self-confidence, creative thinking and emotional intelligence. Many of us possess one or more of these attributes, potentially you have all of them and you just don’t know it yet. Through training you can build upon your current skills, or find the ones you hadn’t discovered.
This course will help you gain a new understanding of key skills that will make you successful at work, and because of their transferable nature, you will be able to take them wherever you go.
In this course, you will define Goleman’s five sets of social and emotional competencies and correlate them to workplace experiences. You will also study through a history of social and emotional intelligence to build your understanding of this human mechanism and how you can boost your capability to recognize your own emotions, those of others, and how you can use it to your advantage in a professional environment.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Know your own team member roles and responsibilities
- How you can be an effective team member
- How it feels to experience change and know your level of change tolerance
- How to be flexible in times of change
- Know what a problem is and ways to approach problem solving
- Recognize the self-fulfilling prophecy and its relevance to your work
- Appreciate the variety of behaviors that characterize the resourcefulness in the workplace
- How to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- How feedback can be used to strengthen the team as leaders in the workplace
- Self-confident behaviors in the workplace
- Many group methods for creative thinking and how they can be applied
- A history of social and emotional intelligence theory
- Define Daniel Goleman’s five sets of social and emotional competencies and correlate them to workplace experiences
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Build a set of workplace skills that will make you a dependable employee both your colleagues and seniors can count on.
- A transferable skillset that will be recognized and demanded in any workplace.
- Proven principles and studies to back up your learning.
- Extracurricular resources given so you can build further on your newfound knowledge.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.