No matter how brilliant your creative ideas are, theyâ€™ll never become a published novel unless you develop the practical skills and self-discipline you need to make your book a reality. This course teaches you to do just that. Or if you possess the commitment required but need some help with your creative spark, the course also contains many elements to inspire you in the creative process.
If you’re a romantic fiction fan who thinks you’ve got what it takes to go from avid reader to successful author, then this online course is just what you need to make your romantic dreams a fantastic reality.
What Will I Get Out of the Course?
No matter how brilliant your creative ideas are, they’ll never become a published novel unless you develop the practical skills and self-discipline you need to make your book a reality. This course teaches you to do just that. Or if you possess the commitment required but need some help with your creative spark, the course also contains many elements to inspire you in the creative process.
Is the Course for Me?
There are no specific qualifications needed to embark on this diploma, however a keen interest in the genre of romantic fiction is a must. This needs to be coupled with a determination to devote the time needed to get your ideas out of your head and on to paper. The online nature of the learning means it’s easy to fit around existing commitments as you are free to study wherever and whenever you wish.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Progress through the 13 easy-to-access modules to learn all you need to know to turn your imaginative ideas into a successful novel.
- Start with a comprehensive introduction to becoming a romance writer including a useful overview of the basics.
- Find out what it takes to become a successful romance writer.
- Tackle the crucial area of identifying your target audience and tailoring your story to their needs.
- Get to grips with setting and how to write a gripping and engaging first page.
- Learn how to write character profiles and create fantastic heroines and heroes that your audience will engage with and love.
- Explore the important subject of how to create a brilliant plot that will drive your story forwards and pick up some hints and tips for successful plotting.
- Find out how to create brilliant, believable back stories for your characters and how to weave them into your story seamlessly, with insights on how Harlequin editors work on this with their authors.
- Tackle the subject of writing effective, flowing dialogue, with an emphasis on the romance genre.
- Learn to banish self-doubt and progress in your writing with a growing sense of confidence and purpose.
- Test your new skills with characterisation exercises, creative writing prompts, random idea generators and a lovers’ spat exercise.
- Find out how to find your perfect match in an illustrator who will provide the classic elements you need for your book’s cover.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study the 15-20 hours of course content online, across all your devices at a time and in a place that suits you.
- Enjoy 12 months access to the course content after you sign up.
- Work at exactly the pace that suits you, with the freedom to revisit learning whenever you wish.
- Consolidate your new skillset by completing the 30-question multiple-choice test on completion of the 13 modules.
- Technical support is available, should you run into difficulties.
- Success as an author requires commitment and a clear strategy as well as talent. This course is the best possible kick start for turning your ideas into tangible success.
Get ready to turn your dreams of romantic writing from fantasy to reality by enrolling on the Romantic Writing Diploma today!
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|Introduction to Becoming a Romance Writer|
|What do you need to become a Romance Writer?|
|Be Guided by the Best – A Look at Successful Romance Writers|
|Selecting a Demographic to Write for and Deciding on Your Specific Point of View|
|Overcoming the First Page and Establishing Your Story’s Setting|
|Building Your Romance Story’s Characters|
|Planning Your Romance Story’s Plot|
|Using a Backstory without Being Boring|
|Writing Dialogue to Keep Your Story Flowing|
|Improving Confidence and Sense of Purpose|
|Practical Writing Exercises in the Romance Writing Niche|
|Illustrating Your Romance Writing and Working with Illustrators|
|Dealing with Publishers and Selling Your Romance Story|