The 17 modules that make up this detailed course should take around ten hours to complete, meaning it’s easy to pick up your new skills around your existing work and family obligations. Also, the course is yours for life, meaning you are free to go back and revisit your learning any time you feel the need to.
Do you already have some reception work experience under your belt and are keen to develop your professional skills? Or are you completely new to this important office role? Either way, this online course will teach you all you need to know to be the ultimate professional receptionist.
What Does a Receptionist Do?
Answering the phone and welcoming visitors are crucial roles in the receptionist’s repertoire, but these are just two of the many tasks he or she is required to carry out. Not only is a business’ receptionist the face of their organization and the first person potential clients and customers come into contact with, he or she is also a crucial element in the effective running and internal communication within any organization. Not only that, receptionists need to be calm and efficient when dealing with the different scenarios that can arise day-to-day.
How Does the Course Work?
The 17 modules that make up this detailed course should take around ten hours to complete, meaning it’s easy to pick up your new skills around your existing work and family obligations.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Go from reception novice to being the calm, friendly and professional face of any business with this easy-to-follow online course.
- Start by examining the role of a receptionist including an overview of duties, your professional image and how to deal with the fact that no two days are ever the same.
- Next, find out about the different types of receptionist including legal, medical and educational and what the differences between them are.
- Master the essentials of communication, including creating a good first impression, how to use communication to build trust and how to identify the customer’s needs.
- Find out how to practice good, professional telephone skills.
- Learn about sending formal and informal messages and the issues of confidentiality that may arise.
- Get to grips with the database management and booking and reservation procedures that may be part of your role as a receptionist.
- Learn about routine administrative procedures and developing efficient filing systems.
- Gain confidence with the security and health and safety in the workplace considerations that you will need to be aware of.
- Find out about confidentiality, including the data protection act and the consequences of confidentiality breaches.
- Learn about how to arrange a meeting including accommodation arrangements and how to take minutes efficiently.
- Learn the importance of organizational skills and good time management.
- Find out about how to use effective business communication.
- Learn about how technology is an essential component of reception work.
- Find out how to be a good team player.
- Learn how to maintain a professional and tidy reception appearance.
- Master how to become an indispensable receptionist and how to progress your career.
- Finally, sum up your learning and find out how to start your new career as a receptionist.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Gain the confidence and skills you need to launch a career in the in-demand area of reception work.
- Not only is the course easy to fit into your busy schedule, reception work itself often offers flexible working hours that can fit around family life.
- Enjoy 12 months access to the course across all your devices.
- Take the exam and download the course completion certificate to prove your investment in your reception career to potential employers.
- Technical support is on hand if you run into any problems.
Make yours the friendly, professional face any business would be grateful to have by signing up to the Reception Diploma today.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|The Role of the Receptionist|
|The Different Types of Receptionist and the Subtle Differences Between Them|
|The Essentials of Communication|
|Practice Good Telephone Skills|
|Sending Formal Messages/Sending Informal Messages|
|Database Management and Booking/Reservation Procedures|
|Following Routine Administrative Procedures and Developing Filing Systems|
|Security & Safety Issues / Health & Safety Considerations in the Workplace|
|Successful Meetings & Minute Taking, Meeting & Accommodation Arrangements|
|Organizational Skills & Time Management|
|Effective Business Communication|
|How Technology is Important in Reception Work|
|The Importance of Team Work|
|Reception Area Appearance|
|Career Progression / From Receptionist to…|
|To Sum It All Up: Reception Work Explained|