This course offers a flexible way to study mindfulness, providing a comprehensive introduction to the art of mindfulness and the physical and emotional benefits to those who practice it. If you’re looking to understand more about mindfulness, and how it can combat the pressures of modern life, this online diploma course is for you.
What is Mindfulness?
Modern life can be fast-paced, hectic and stressful, which can contribute to anxiety, depression and other mental health problems, as well as a feeling of being out of your depth or juggling too much. Mindfulness is an evidence-based practise which involves focusing the mind on being fully present in the moment, similar to meditation. It helps to combat worry, anxiety and obsessive thoughts with a calm awareness of surroundings.
How will this benefit me?
Most people can benefit from practising mindfulness, but it’s an especially good tool for those who wish to lead a calmer, more focused lifestyle, and reduce stress and anxiety issues. As well as being useful for personal benefit, this diploma could also benefit those who wish to learn more about mindfulness in a professional capacity – those looking to become a mindfulness instructor or hoping to apply mindfulness in leadership, for example. Parents may also find the mindful parenting topic useful. The flexible online learning format of this course makes it ideal for fitting around existing commitments, allowing students to work at their own pace from any device with an internet connection. It leads to the award of a certificate to prove the achievement.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through nine online modules (around ten hours of study time) to gain a thorough understanding of mindfulness, its benefits and how to put it into practise.
- Gain a thorough overview of mindfulness, including its definition, origins and history, and its relevance in everyday life.
- Also look at the Buddhist concept of mindfulness.
- Understand meditation, including its definition, benefits and the physiology of meditation.
- Study mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), mindful stretching including Hatha yoga, and how mindfulness-based therapies can help anxiety and pain.
- Look at mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) and its use for cancer patients.
- Study MBSR and MBCT as clinical interventions for illnesses such as depression, and look at their core therapeutic components.
- Learn how mindfulness intervention therapies can benefit everyday life, including mindfulness and reactive behaviours.
- Compare and contrast MBST and MBCT.
- Gain an understanding of mindful parenting including its relevance and most important aspects.
- Look at the difference between mindfulness and meditation.
- Study mindfulness meditation practises.
- Learn how to use mindfulness to reprogramme tenacious patterns of thinking and restructure the way you relate to yourself.
- Study the four fundamental tenets of mindfulness.
- Dispel the common myths surrounding mindfulness and meditation.
- Look at mindfulness application in everyday life.
- Study different mindfulness meditation exercises, including breathing, concentration and visualization.
- Look at progressive muscle relaxation.
- Gain an understanding of applying mindfulness to leadership practices.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Short, informative modules make learning easy and fun.
- Take a 30 question multiple choice test to consolidate your learning.
- Test is taken online at your convenience.
- Earn a mindfulness diploma on completion of this course – this can be printed at home or posted to you for a small cost.
- Easily fit the ten hours of study time around your other commitments.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of mindfulness, learning how to apply it to your personal and professional life.
- Skills in mindfulness are an excellent tool in combating the stress of a busy lifestyle.
Study for your Mindfulness Diploma and benefit from a calmer, less stressful everyday life.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|Definition and History of Mindfulness & How Meditation Practices can Help us Enjoy Present Moment Awareness|
|Meditation Practices, Therapies and Benefits Part I|
|Meditation Practices, Therapies and Benefits Part II|
|Meditation Practices, Therapies and Benefits Part III|
|Mindfulness-based Interventions – Applications and Benefits|
|Mindful Parenting; Mindfulness and Meditation Practices; How to become a Mindfulness Instructor|
|Experiences of Mindfulness|
|Mindfulness and Self-Exploration|
|Mindfulness in our Daily Lives and How to Become a Mindful Leader|