Launch yourself into an exciting new career as a teaching assistant with this great course. The 150,000 and rising teaching assistants in the UK provide a vital role in supporting the children and teachers in our primary, secondary and Special Educational Needs classrooms.
If you enjoy children’s company and would like to make a positive difference to their lives by helping them learn and thrive through supporting their education, then a career as a teaching assistant is perfect for you. As a teaching assistant you will become a valued and important member of school staff both by helping the class teacher plan and deliver lessons and by working individually with children.
The Perfect Child-Friendly Career
It’s not just the school’s children that will benefit from you becoming a teaching assistant – yours will too! With term-time only hours within the school day, a career as a teaching assistant is the perfect solution for parents who want to work in a fulfilling job that makes a real difference to young peoples’ lives, while also being at home after school and in the holidays to spend quality time with their own children. No more panics about finding childcare for the school holidays, or worries about the cost. And although you will help with administrative work during the school day, unlike a teacher, you won’t be under pressure to give up your precious evenings and weekends for marking work and planning lessons, so there’s still plenty of time not just for family life but for hobbies and interests too.
Get Your Application To The Top Of The Pile
Given the attractive, family friendly hours, it’s no surprise to learn that competition for teaching assistant positions is fierce, even though our schools are being forced to expand as record numbers of new pupils are set to enroll over the next few years. While there is no official requirement for a teaching assistant to have a vocational qualification, completing a course gives you a head start as you can prove that you’re committed to and serious about a career in this field. Also, if you’re already a teaching assistant but are looking to sharpen up your skill set, change jobs or negotiate a higher salary, this course will set you on the path to career progression by boosting your confidence and ensuring your knowledge is as secure and up to date as possible. However, if you’re just getting started, rest assured there is no need to have an existing placement at a school to enroll on the course.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
You know you’ll be a great asset to school as a teaching assistant. With this course you can build on this knowledge by learning how to provide the best possible professional support within the classroom setting.
- Passing exams is just one part of school life. This course will teach you how to best support pupils’ social and emotional and other care and support needs.
- We’ve all been to school but it may have changed a lot since your day! Get up to speed with the latest national curriculum and how learning activities are planned and delivered.
- Dot the i’s and cross the t’s by learning exactly what’s expected of you in your role and the legal responsibilities and policies of schools and their staff.
- Keep up with the kids by getting up to speed with all the latest developments in ICT in the classroom.
- Explore effective methods of supporting literacy development, including reading, writing and speaking and listening skills.
- Explore effective methods of supporting development of numeracy skills in the classroom, including number skills and problem solving and data handling, as well as supporting the understanding of measures, shape and space.
- Learn about best practice for supporting children with special educational needs.
- You’re already a team player; learn how to transfer these skills into a school community with guidance on working in teams, with colleagues and with other professionals and parents.
Advantages of this course
- Complete this online course within a 12-month period at a pace that suits you.
- Enhance your job prospects in a rewarding career with the long holidays and convenient hours that make a good work life balance a reality rather than a distant daydream!
- Give yourself the confidence to go for that teaching assistant position, knowing that you have the right skill set, knowledge and attitude to be a great asset to any school.
- Download the certificate at the end of the course to give your application a boost and help secure you that interview!
Invest in this course today to unlock the door to a fantastic and flexible new career as a teaching assistant.
This course is CPD Certified. The CPD Certification provides proof of your efforts to upskill and develop your abilities with invaluable expertise.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|Supporting the Teacher|
|Supporting the Pupil|
|Supporting the Curriculum|
|Supporting the School|
|Supporting ICT in the Classroom|
|Supporting Pupils with Special Education Needs|
|Supporting Literacy Development|
|Supporting Numeracy Development|
|Working with Others|
|Working with Colleagues|
|Working with Other Professionals and Parents|