If you’ve decided you’d like to pursue a new career working with people with special education needs, this online course is the ideal gateway to your exciting and fulfilling new vocation. As you’ll discover as you progress through the SEN Diploma, gaining the skills to help individuals with specific needs overcome obstacles to achieve goals and learn new skills is an incredibly rewarding way to earn a living.
Is the Course for Me?
If you’re a caring, committed individual who’d like to turn your talents to enriching the lives of people with special educational needs, then yes! Each of the 22 modules is designed not just to give you a great insight into the Special Educational Needs industry, but to equip you with the tools you will need to teach in an area that can be as challenging as it is fulfilling. Not only will you learn about the different approaches needed for different physical and mental disabilities, you will also learn how to effectively and compassionately deal with the various issues that may arise when working with potentially vulnerable people.
How Will I Learn?
The fifteen hours of course content can be assessed on all your devices at a time and place that suits you, making it an ideal way to study around existing work and family commitments. The modules are accessible and engaging, meaning you can easily build on your learning in bite size chunks. Crucially, the modules are designed to instil relevant codes of practice into your learning as well as the background knowledge and teaching skills you will need to work with people with special educational needs.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The SEN diploma is the perfect place to start transforming your own career as you work towards the important goal of transforming the lives of others.
- After covering a comprehensive introduction, move on to finding out about the history and evolution of SEN.
- Discover constructivist theories of learning and how they are used in the SEN classroom.
- Find out about the SEN code of practice and how it is applied.
- Understand the role of SENCOs in schools.
- Learn about different types of needs including how a specific learning difficulty differs from a severe learning difficulty and how different physical needs can be supported.
- Get to grips with dealing with time management and different behavioural challenges.
- Learn about sensory impairments and physical disabilities.
- Understand the concept of cognitive development and learn to address difficulties in cognition and learning.
- Learn about speech, language and common communication issues.
- Find out more about specific learning difficulties including autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD.
- Get an insight into psychological perspectives on behaviour.
- Find out about understanding and managing anger.
- Learn about teaching approaches and strategies, educational outcomes and every teacher’s responsibilities.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Quickly pick up the skillset and confidence you require to set out on this exciting new career journey where you can make a real difference to people’s lives.
- Once you sign up, you have 12 months access to your essential new skillset.
- As well as your new expertise, benefit from an increased understanding and empathy when interacting with individuals with special educational needs.
- Be confident you are well-versed in the latest codes of practice essential when working in the SEN industry.
- Test your knowledge at the end of the course with a 30-question multiple choice test that you can take again if you don’t achieve the 70% pass mark first time.
- On successful completion of the course, download your SEN Diploma certificate to show to potential employers.
- Benefit from technical support as you progress through the course.
Sign up to the SEN Diploma today to start your journey towards a flexible and fulfilling new career where no two days will ever be the same.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|Introduction to Special Education Needs|
|The History and Evolution of SEN|
|Constructivist Theories of Learning|
|SEN Code of Practice|
|SENCO Support for SEN Students|
|The Different Types of Needs|
|Behaviours: Reasons and Restorative Practices|
|Understanding Sensory Impairments and Physical Disabilities|
|Understanding and Addressing Difficulties in Cognition and Learning|
|Speech, Language, and Common Communication Issues|
|Learning Difficulties: Autism|
|Learning Difficulties: Dyslexia|
|Learning Difficulties: Dyspraxia|
|Learning Difficulties: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)|
|The Importance of SEN Knowledge|
|Specific Learning Difficulties|
|Psychological Perspectives on Behaviour|
|Psychological Perspectives on Behaviour|
|Teaching Approaches and Strategies|
|Every Teacher’s Responsibility|