With statistics for the number of deaf adults and children in the UK rising every year, it is becoming more apparent for us to grasp at least the basics of British sign language, especially if it means being able to communicate with our loved ones or if our chosen career paths call for the use of sign.
Hearing and speech disabilities among the UK population have without a doubt paved the way for diversification, so whether you’re already a member of the sign community or are seeking to begin learning the language from scratch, there’s never been a better time to take up such an in-demand, specialist form of communication.
Made up of hand gestures, movements, body language and various facial expressions, it takes time and practice to be able to master British sign language and more importantly, learn how to communicate effectively with a person who is either completely deaf or has any degree of hearing impairment.
The Sign Language Diploma course is ideal for students who require this particular method of communication for personal or business use. It might be that one of your relatives or close friends suffers from deafness or hearing impairment and your goal is to engage with them. Alternatively, this learning structure is highly informative to those who need a strong foundation of British sign language knowledge for employment purposes. There are many jobs across both the public and private sector that require a detailed understanding of sign language, from interpreting and teaching to social support work and care.
Key Learning Points
Small changes make a big impact, and this statement can certainly be applied to the needs of sign communities across the UK. This course will enable you to further any basic sign language you may know already, but it is equally perfect for absolute beginners. Expect to study many interesting angles of British sign language, including the following areas:
- Explore the basics of British sign language (BSL) such as how to begin a conversation with a deaf person, how BSL differs to the English language and the various dialects it has.
- Learn how sign language is used all over the world along with why there are so many different sign language systems being practised today.
- Understand what it means to be deaf aware and how to positively encourage deaf awareness.
- Discover many different sign language words, numbers, questions, descriptions and phrases which are commonly used within British sign language communication.
Advantages of This Course
- You will increase your understanding of how British sign language differs from other types of sign language and become an expert at communicating this way.
- Stand out to prospective employers when they need to head-hunt only the best sign language professionals for reputable job opportunities.
- Communication that involves using hand gestures, body language and facial expressions will become simple to you upon completion of this challenging yet enjoyable learning program.
- Learn valuable insights into alternative means of British language communication for personal or business use.
- Prepare your skill set for further sign language training or volunteering opportunities, as well as for exciting employment possibilities.
Now is the perfect time to learn! Choose this remarkable online course if you want to study sign language in your own time, at a pace that fits around your busy lifestyle.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|Introduction to the British Sign Language Course|
|Sign Language Around the World: Different Types of Signing|
|Job and Career Opportunities for Those Who Know Sign Language|
|Kids and Sign Language|
|British Sign Language Basics|
|Learn to Sign Common Words|
|Learn to Sign Numbers and the Alphabet|
|Learn to Sign People & Family|
|Learn to Sign Questions|
|Learn to Sign School|
|Learn to Sign Home|
|Learn to Sign Time|
|Learn to Sign Food & Drink|
|Learn to Sign Descriptions|
|Learn to Sign Colours|
|Learn to Sign Animals|
|Learn to Sign Sports and Hobbies|
|Learn to Sign Transport|
|Learn to Sign Weather & Seasons|
|Learn to Sign Employment / Careers|