Emotional Intelligence (EI), also known as EQ, is a pivotal factor to maintaining personal and professional relationships, and utilizing those relationships to build success both at home and at work. EQ is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It is a key trait that resides in a lot of successful people, and many people who are inspiring, or who make a positive impact in people’s lives.
A study by TalentSmart found that emotional intelligence influences 58% of success across every type of job, and we will tell you the secrets behind this understated success factor.
This course will help you to recognize your own emotions, those of others, discern between different feelings and label them appropriately, use emotional information, and utilize all these skills to improve both your professional and personal development.
A Brief History of Emotional Intelligence
Peter Salovey and John D. Mayer invented the term “Emotional Intelligence” in 1990 and described it as “a form of social intelligence that involves the ability to monitor one’s own and others’ feelings and emotions, to discriminate among them, and to use this information to guide one’s thinking and action.”
The concept then first appeared to the public in 1995 by Dan Goleman. It was used to serve as the missing link where people with average IQs outperformed those with the highest IQs 70% of the time.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotion in others
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Understand the key factors behind Emotional Intelligence and how to use it for success.
- Utilize the knowledge in both your professional and personal life.
- Implement the knowledge you learn as soon as you finish the course
- Extracurricular reading resources for you to build on the foundations you have created
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.