If you’ve got a flair for hair and would like to launch a career as a hairdresser, this superb-value online course is the perfect place to start to learn the practical, technical, creative and administrative skills you will need to succeed. Hairdressing offers a number of rewarding career options including salon, spa or resort work, mobile hairdressing or even salon ownership.
What Will I Learn?
You’ll find out all you need to know about cutting and styling all kinds of hair to suit a wide range of tastes and face shapes. Not only that, you’ll master the crucial customer service and business skills you need to run an effective hair business.
Who is the Course For?
You don’t need any specific qualifications to start the course, but an interest in and aptitude for hair is a must. It’s also beneficial to have certain tools and equipment so that you can put the new skills you will learn into practice.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the 27 modules to learn all you need to know to become a hairdresser.
- Begin with an introduction to the hairdressing industry, exploring career opportunities and reasons to get into hairdressing.
- Learn about the history of hairdressing dating back to prehistoric times.
- Find out about job availability and what it’s like to work in the UK hairdressing industry.
- Get to grips with the anatomy of the hair and scalp including the hair life cycle and how hair grows.
- Learn about the essential tools of the trade including different types of combs and brushes, scissors, curling irons, hairdryers and more.
- Gain an insight into haircare products including the best brands of shampoo and conditioner, hair protein treatments, volumising products, hair-straightening creams, deep conditioners and hairsprays.
- Master phone and front desk etiquette and learn about best practice for client consultations.
- Learn the importance of identifying different hair types and how to work with Caucasian, Afro and Asian hair.
- Explore strategies for a successful salon including customer service hints, tips on how to develop special services and advice on learning to delegate.
- Get confident in the crucial area of matching hairstyles to face shapes.
- Master professional hair washing including hair washing for men.
- Learn about blow-drying for short, bobbed and long hair.
- Get to grips with hairstyling including creating curls, using irons and rollers to set curls and straightening hair.
- Gain insight into how hair colouring works and how to select and apply hair colour for your clients.
- Find inspiration on wedding and special occasion hair for short, medium, long, curly and straight hair.
- Gain a repertoire of hairstyles for children including ideas for girls, buzz cuts for boys and hairstyles for children with afro hair.
- Master hair-up styles and braiding techniques such as French twists, braided buns, halo braids, spiral braids and French braided topknots.
- Explore different types of hair extensions and learn about hair wefts.
- Learn to give an effective head and scalp massage and find out what tools and products this service requires.
- Become confident in the important area of personal presentation and how to keep the salon, tools and equipment clean and fit for purpose.
- Explore various career options including salon, spa and resort work, owning your own salon and offering a mobile hairdressing service.
- Gain insight into the importance of employing an efficient, customer-focused receptionist and dealing with the admin and inventory management side of the business.
- Learn about setting up your own salon including space considerations, estimating costs and the rules and regulations which govern salons.
- Get savvy with successful offline and online marketing strategies for your business.
- Find out how to obtain initial funding, set prices and manage costs.
- Learn the basics of record-keeping for salon businesses including the records you need to keep to complete a tax return.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Online technical support is available if you need it.
- Enjoy 12 months access to the modules.
- Each module ends with a five-question test that you must get three correct on in order to move on.
- Complete the course in 15-20 hours plus half an hour for the test.
- Achieving the Hair Diploma unlocks the door to an exciting new career in hairdressing.
Kick off your new career in style by signing up to the Complete Hair Stylist & Salon Management Diploma today.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|Introduction, Career Opportunities and Reasons to Learn Hairdressing|
|History of Hair|
|Job Availability and Working in the UK Hairdressing Industry|
|Anatomy of Hair and Scalp|
|Hair and Scalp Analysis|
|Equipment needed to do Hair|
|Hair Care Products|
|Client Communications & Consultation|
|How to Work with different Hair Types|
|Strategies and Ideas for a Successful Salon|
|Hair Colour and Hair Shape|
|Professional Hair Washing, Shampoo and Conditioning|
|Everything about Blow-drying|
|Step-by-Step Hair Styling Techniques|
|Hair Colouring Techniques|
|Hairstyles for Weddings and Special Occasions|
|Hairstyles for Children|
|Hair Up-Styling and Braiding Techniques|
|Everything that you need to know about Hair Extensions|
|Head and Scalp Massage|
|Personal Presentation and Hygiene in a Salon|
|Analysing the Pros and Cons of Working in the Hairdressing Industry|
|Salon Reception and Customer Service|
|How to Set Up and Start your Own Salon Business|
|Marketing Strategies for Salon Businesses|
|Initial Funding, Setting Prices and Managing Costs|
|Forms and Record Keeping|