As a means of communication, body language might not be something we often think about, but it’s definitely something we notice every day, whether consciously or unconsciously. From subtle displays to more obvious reactions, body language can tell us a lot about how a person is thinking and feeling, if we know what to look for. Uncover all the intricacies of body language with this online body language course.
Whether you work in a profession where body language training would be beneficial, or you just have a personal interest in the subject, this flexible and affordable learning option is packed full of insight and interpretation.
Why Should I Take A Body Language Diploma?
Understanding more about body language can help you in both professional and personal situations – enabling you to communicate more effectively. Looking at the meaning behind many gestures, expressions, positions and behaviours can help you to perform better in many situations, and body language can even be highly effective as a conflict resolution tool.
Some professions that may benefit from body language training include those in customer service roles, working in public service organisations such as the police, or in healthcare or volunteering, where understanding and building up relationships are essential skills.
Also, gaining a greater understanding of how your own body language can be interpreted may help you feel more comfortable and confident when meeting new people and making friends, going to job interviews, or maybe even pursuing a new career or hobby.
What Will A Body Language Diploma Teach Me?
Gain an insight into human behaviour and look further into how to interpret body language with this varied collection of e-learning modules. You’ll look at body language from an everyday viewpoint, and discover how it can affect personal and professional relationships. There’s also time to look at your own body language to understand the gestures and actions that you do and make every day.
Culture can play a key role in how different feelings and reactions are displayed, the meaning behind them, and how they come across to others, so you’ll learn more about cultural differences and how they apply to this fascinating subject. Part of this course is also designed to help you identify the negative aspects of body language, including concealing, intimidating, unapproachable, emotive behaviours.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This 10 module online course covers many different aspects of body language, including cross culture interpretation and body language in the workplace. Conclude your learning with the included exam to achieve certification.
- Study body language basics and non-verbal communication.
- Look at correctly interpreting body language.
- Examine the different types of personal space.
- Discover the similarities between verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Learn how to read body language.
- Compare the different features of body language.
- Discover the tools needed to interpret body language.
- Interpret gestures made using hands, feet, and fingers.
- More about hand gestures, including using hands, palm, and thumbs.
- Learn why hands are important in body language.
- Insight into handshakes and crossed arm gestures.
- Look at what handshakes can convey, and the impact they have.
- Find out more about the different types of eye contact.
- Learn how to interpret eye signals.
- A look at negative body language and what it can portray.
- Tips on body language in the workplace and for career success.
- Body language in different cultures, and its complex interpretation.
- Understand the different aspects of body language between cultures, and in relationships.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Take steps towards becoming a more effective communicator.
- Put into practice tips that will help you succeed at job interviews.
- Apply the body language techniques learned in a variety of work, volunteer or personal settings.
- Discover the difference between, and signs of, truthful and non-truthful communications.
- A flexible way to learn, at a time and pace to suit your lifestyle.
- On-going support while you complete your online training.
- Easy to follow modules and course structure.
- Train your staff to become better at non-verbal communication.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|Introduction to Body Language|
|Dimensions and Attributes|
|Basics of Body Language (Part I)|
|Basics of Body Language (Part II)|
|Hand Gestures and Introduction to Handshakes|
|Different Types of Handshakes and Crossed Arm Postures|
|Eye Signals and Eye Contact|
|Gestures and Postures that Reveal Deceit and Lies|
|Body Language for Career Success|
|Cross-Cultural Interpretations of Body Language, Common Gestures and Postures in Daily Life|