This Diploma in Autism Awareness and Management of Autism Symptoms online course provides essential autism certification and training for anyone dealing with autism either within their family or in a workplace setting.
What Does the Course Cover?
After gaining an insight into what autism is, you’ll move on to taking a more in-depth look at the condition, some of the theories behind its cause and how it is diagnosed in both adults and children. You’ll also explore the ethical implications of interacting with autistic people and gain the understanding needed to improve communication, deal with practicalities and manage behaviour within the context of autism.
All study is completed online, in your own time, with easy-to-digest modules making the material easy to engage with and progress through. This means that not only is it a cost effective way to learn, it’s also perfect for those who need to balance study with the demands of work and family.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the eleven detailed modules to learn about this common yet often misunderstood condition.
- Begin by defining the term autism before getting an introduction to autism spectrum disorders, the conditions that fall under the autism spectrum and a look at conditions related to autism.
- Explore an in-depth comparison between autism and Asperger’s Syndrome.
- Learn about the three different conditions on the autism spectrum.
- Gain an insight into the challenges with social skills, communication and learning for young people with autism.
- Find out how autism and Asperger’s are diagnosed in adults and children.
- Discover the common ways people on the spectrum may try to communicate.
- Learn about the fundamental categories of language delays and the process of expressive language.
- Gain an understanding of autistic behaviour patterns and the purpose and motivation behind such behaviour.
- Explore strategies for limiting behaviour and recognising when children are displaying autistic traits.
- Learn about some of the most common myths associated with autism.
- Take a closer look at the disproven theory that the MMR vaccine can result in autism.
- Investigate theories that dietary needs or deficiencies could cause autism.
- Address the outdated idea that poor parenting can lead to autism.
- Get an introduction to recognised approaches to autism including the S.P.E.L.L framework.
- Learn about preparing for social inclusion and the person-centred approach.
- Move on to best practice including how to ensure a safe environment and create a safety plan for an autistic person.
- Take a look at practical and sensible considerations in the home, school and community.
- Learn about visual strategies that may help when interacting with those on the spectrum.
- Explore organisational considerations in the home, school, workplace and community.
- Consider the ethical implications when working with autistic individuals.
- Study the National Autistic Society’s Code of Practice for autism-related training.
- Find out what constitutes an unethical approach towards working with those with autism.
- Learn about the importance of ethical considerations when working with autistic people.
- Discover how to encourage autism awareness through events such as World Autism Awareness Day and how Autism Awareness Month can be marked in schools.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Technical support is available, should you run into difficulties.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months and you can begin as soon as you sign up.
- Gaining the understanding and skills the diploma provides will empower you to improve your relationships with the autistic people you interact with and make a difference to their lives, whether in a personal or professional context.
- Achieving this industry-approved and expert-led diploma proves your commitment to improving the lives of those with autism, and can fast-track your career.
- The easy-to-access modules represent one of the most time and cost effective ways you can choose to study.
Start your autism awareness journey today by signing up to the Autism Awareness Diploma.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|Introduction to Autism|
|Causes and Diagnoses of Autism|
|Language and Communication Skills|
|Understanding and Dealing with Autistic Behaviour|
|Addressing Common Myths Connected with Autism|
|Recognised Approaches to Autism|
|Best Practices when Dealing with Autistic Individuals|
|Ethical Considerations and Legal Obligations|
|Encouraging Autism Awareness|