Bullying is one of the biggest issues that young people face, and the school environment is unfortunately one of the places where they can find themselves at risk. The Bullying in Schools Awareness Diploma is designed to help educators and care-givers tackle the issue of bullying in schools, and make schools a safe space for worry-free learning.
Who Is This For?
This course has been designed for parents and teachers to gain an in-depth understanding of the issues surrounding bullying in schools, and to equip them with tools to tackle it effectively. Schools may wish to invest in this diploma for key members of staff, and it can also give parents the knowledge and confidence to deal with any incidents of bullying that relate to their children.
Why Is It Important?
Childhood bullying can have a profound and lasting negative effect, as well as making it impossible to enjoy school and learn effectively. Increasing awareness of bullying in schools, and working together to eliminate it, are important tasks that will positively impact young learners.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through 10 modules to increase your awareness of the issues surrounding bullying and equip yourself with the tools to tackle bullying in schools.
- Begin with an introduction to the concept of bullying, the different forms of bullying and who is at risk.
- Understand cyberbullying and the distinct behaviors associated with it.
- Question why children bully, and how bullying behavior can be linked to background or social groups.
- Look at the short and long term effects of bullying and how to spot the signs.
- Discover how to deal with bullying as a parent, including role playing and helping the child resolve the issue to gain self-confidence.
- In module six, look at what to do if your child is a bully, including teaching empathy, leading by example and helping to correct bullying behavior.
- Study a teacher’s perspective on bullying in schools and look at their duty of care in more detail.
- Look at examples of identity-based bullying, including the motivations.
- Understand the Equality Act 2010.
- Look at Government and OFSTED guidance for tackling bullying in schools, including the relevant laws, acts and regulations that must be adhered to.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- 12 months access to the course is included in the upfront cost.
- Keep the children in your care as safe as possible by increasing your awareness of bullying in schools and how to deal with it.
- Parents, teachers, youth workers and anyone else with an interest in keeping schools a bully-free environment will benefit from this course.
- Pass a multiple choice test on completion and receive a certificate to download and print.
- Show that you take your responsibilities as an educator or care-giver seriously and help to tackle to serious issue of bullying in schools.
Help to beat bullying and make schools a safe space for learning with the Anti-Bullying and Bullying Prevention Diploma.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.
|What is bullying?|
|What is Cyberbullying?|
|Why children bully|
|Short and long term effects of bullying and how to spot the signs of bullying|
|What can parents do if their child is being bullied?|
|What to do if your child is a bully?|
|Teacher’s perspective on bullying in schools|
|Identity-based bullying & special cases|
|The Equality Act 2010|
|Government & Ofsted guidance on tackling bullying in schools|