Anger is one of the strongest emotions that can be felt, it is also a universal feeling that no-one is exempt from. Anger in the workplace is common, and while it can be something that stunts a workplaces productivity, confronting it and managing anger effectively is something few individuals, organizations, and societies do well.
Anyone who can productively confront a colleague about a negative attitude, no matter what the subject of the emotion is, can increase a team’s chance of success and minimize the chance of a conflict becoming destructive.
Controlling Your Emotions Too
If you can defuse an angry colleague or customer, you can make your own day less troublesome. The key to managing this is controlling your own emotions when faced with other peoples’ anger and this course is designed to help give you and your organization the understanding of anger that will help you to retain workers and customers alike.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Recognize how anger affects your body, mind, and your behavior
- Use the five-step method to break old patterns and replace them with a model for assertive anger
- How to keep an anger log to identify your hot buttons and triggers
- Control your own emotions when faced with other peoples’ anger
- Identify ways to help other people safely manage some of their repressed or expressed anger
- Communicate with others in a constructive, assertive manner
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Find out what anger is and the best ways to manage it, both internally and externally.
- Avoid anger through miscommunication and utilize active listening to empathize with someone who is feeling angry.
- Use the assertive formula to express your feelings in a positive, calming manner.
- Extracurricular resources given so you can build further on your newfound knowledge.
- Calm any potentially volatile situation with the knowledge gained.
You will receive access to your course within 48 hours of enrollment/ purchase.