The Diploma in Massage for Children with SEND is a one day course offered to existing massage therapists wishing to work closely with children experiencing Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) in order to help them alleviate many of the symptoms and complexities associated with their condition. Students will learn how to adapt for a child with SEND to ensure that your young client remains safe, comfortable and supported throughout the beneficial treatment.
Aspects included in the course:
- Techniques to assess the client
- How to adapt your consultation and treatment
- The Anatomy and Physiology of a growing SEND child relevant to massage
- The social and emotional needs of SEND children
- Safety and safeguarding of SEND children
- Contra-indications and precautions that must be taken
- Carrier oils and suitable massage mediums suitable for SEND children
- Incorporating rhymes songs or stories to your treatment
- Teaching methods of massage to parents, grandparents & carers
- Common ailments of SEND children
- Allergies and sensitivities related to SEND children.
Practice and procedure
This one day course will comprise of both theory and practical elements. The practical elements will focus on teaching students the alternative ways to use aromatherapy essentials oils within your treatment environment.
In order to achieve the Diploma in Massage, for Children with SEND students will be required to complete a series of three case studies, each comprised of a set of three treatments.
Pre-requisites for studying the course
The pre-requisite for studying the Diploma in Massage for Children with SEND is a minimum of a Level 3 Diploma in A&P, together with and a Level 3 or above Diploma in Massage.
Cost: £99.00 for the full diploma programme.
No Reviews found for this course.