The Diploma in Baby and Child Massage is a one-day practical course, open to existing massage therapists with a wish to work closely with babies and young children. The course is aimed at alleviating many of the specific symptoms and conditions that are associated with early childhood development. On this course, students will learn how to adapt for a baby or child to ensure that your young client remains safe, comfortable and supported throughout the beneficial treatment.
Aspects included in the course:
- Techniques to assess the client
- How to adapt your consultation and treatment
- The anatomy and physiology of the growing baby and child that is relevant to massage
- The social and emotional needs of babies and children
- Safety and safeguarding of babies and children
- Contra-indications and precautions that must be taken
- Carrier oils and suitable massage mediums for babies and children
- Massage techniques for a full baby massage
- Teaching methods of massage to parents, grandparents & carers
- Common ailments of babies and children
- Allergies and sensitivities related to babies and children
Practice and procedure
The massage procedures will be initially practised on dolls. Following effective learning of the techniques, live models with their parents may be present for the afternoon, dependent of availability.
Case study requirements
In order to achieve the Diploma in Baby and Child Massage, students will be required to complete a series of three case studies, each comprised of a set of three treatments.
Pre-requisites for studying the course
The pre-requisite for studying the Diploma in Baby and Child Massage is a minimum of a Level 3 Diploma in A&P, together with and a Level 3 or above Diploma in Massage.
Cost: £99.00 for the full diploma programme.
For more information please contact us
No Reviews found for this course.