The Diploma in Baby and Child Aromatherapy is a one day course offered to existing aromatherapists with a wish to work closely with babies and young children. The course is aimed at alleviating many of the specific symptoms and conditions that are associated with early childhood development. You will learn how to adapt for a baby or child to ensure that your young client remains safe, comfortable and supported throughout the beneficial treatment.
Aspects included in the course:
- Techniques to assess the client
- How to adapt your consultation and treatment
- The anatomy and physiology of the growing baby and child that is relevant to aromatherapy
- Benefits of aromatherapy for social and emotional wellbeing of the child
- Safety and safeguarding of babies and children
- Contra-indications and precautions that must be taken
- Blending essential oils for use with babies and children
- Alternative ways to use aromatherapy with babies and children
- Teaching methods of aromatherapy use at home to parents, grandparents & carers
- Common ailments of babies and children
- Allergies and sensitivities related to babies and children
Practice and procedure
This one day course will comprise of both theory and practical elements. The practical elements will focus on teaching students the alternative ways to use aromatherapy essentials oils within your treatment environment.
Case study requirements
In order to achieve the Diploma in Baby and Child Aromatherapy, students will be required to complete a series of three case studies, each comprised of a set of three treatments.
Pre-requisites for studying the course
The pre-requisite for studying the Diploma in Baby and Child Aromatherapy is a minimum of a Level 3 Diploma in A&P, together with and a Level 3 or above Diploma in Aromatherapy.
Cost: £99.00 for the full diploma programme.
To view the ITEC Diploma in Massage documents please click to visit: www.itecworld.co.uk
This course forms part of the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies.
This course also forms part of the Combined ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage and Aromatherapy.
All of the recommended ITEC textbooks are available from the following online supplier: www.bookdepository.co.uk
For further information on this course please contact us
No Reviews found for this course.